Digital camera news
Olympus SP-560 UZ
The extremely powerful and ergonomically designed Olympus SP-560 UZ continues where it’s award-winning predecessor, the SP-550 UZ, left off. Boasting an astounding 18x wide optical zoom (equivalent to 27-486mm on a 35mm camera), photographers have virtually all options open to locate and frame their subjects, both far and wide. This versatile camera incorporates Dual Image Stabilisation to provide double protection against blur caused by camera shake – which becomes more likely as the level of zoom increases. Furthermore, Face Detection Technology has now been included to guarantee the capture of sharper, more accurately exposed faces. This model also upgrades the resolution to 8.0 Megapixels, ensuring no detail goes missing. Get ready for the Olympus SP-560 UZ to take you where you’ve always wanted to go.
The Olympus SP-560 UZ will be available from October 2007 at around £350. For further information call 0800 0720070 or visit www.olympus.co.uk.
Zoom in or get wide
Experience a new kind of photographic freedom. With a tremendous 18x wide optical zoom (equiv. to 27-486mm), the SP-560 UZ truly delivers incredible wide and telephoto capabilities. Whether snapping graduates from the back row of an auditorium or capturing the charm of a bird in its natural habitat, this model’s exceptional magnification power takes you further. The teleconverter lens TCON-017 and adapter ring CLA-10 are optionally available for extending the focal range to an astounding 826mm – or touch the sky when used in conjunction with the digital zoom at 4626mm (35mm equivalents). See more at once with a wide-angle view (equiv. to 27mm): Get everybody in the family photo at the next gathering, or finally do those scenic landscapes justice with a broader perspective.
Count on Dual Image Stabilisation – combining a mechanical image stabiliser with high ISO – to provide protection against blur caused by camera shake. Meanwhile, by integrating Face Detection Technology, the camera can recognise the faces in a scene and adjust for optimal exposure and sharpness. And to ensure that shadowy areas in compositions are brightened, the SP-560 UZ also features Shadow Adjustment Technology.
Capture the action
Sequence shooting at up to 15fps*, makes it easy to capture that split-second play on the football field and other action-rich situations. Furthermore, the clever pre-capture mode means five frames* are snapped and captured even before the shutter is released – so you will never again have just missed that big moment!
A closer, brighter view
Go for the details with the Super Macro mode, with distances as close as 1cm to subjects. Capture the unique beauty of a flower or the delicate fibres of a spider’s web: Take liberties when choosing a subject, as the SP-560 UZ brings you closer to one of nature’s most fascinating photographic genres. A large 6.4cm LCD makes it easy to compose and review macro shots, while Olympus’ own BrightCapture Technology works to brighten both images and movies you capture. What’s more, brighter images relayed on the LCD make it easier to quickly and confidently frame all kinds of compositions, even in dimly-lit conditions.
Primed to shoot the way you want
Performance and ease of use go hand in hand with the ergonomically-designed SP-560 UZ. Photographers not only benefit from scene modes that can be selected for use in a diverse range of shooting conditions, various automatic and manual (P/A/S/M) settings are also available. This gives users a handy choice between point-and-shoot ease and full creative control. Furthermore, the Smile Shot scene mode ensures well-timed pictures, since it can detect when a subject smiles and automatically releases the shutter at just the right moment. Dioptric correction makes it possible for those who wear glasses to use the viewfinder, and an optional underwater case PT-037 is available for added fun up to 40m below the water’s surface.
The Olympus SP-560 UZ – main features:
- 18x optical zoom (equivalent to 27-486mm on a 35mm camera) 1:2.8-4.5 – for extreme close ups to stunning scenes plus 5.6x digital zoom
- Avoids blur thanks to Dual Image Stabilisation
- Don’t miss the moment with high-speed sequence shooting (15fps*) and pre-capture mode*
- Face Detection Technology for perfectly focused and exposed faces plus correct exposure of other image areas
- Great for shots of flowers & detail as close as 1cm with Super Macro mode
- P/A/S/M exposure modes for creative freedom
- 24 scene modes (e.g. Smile Shot, Underwater Wide and Macro) for best results in different situations
- 8.0 Megapixels to make poster-size prints
- See and share images on the 6.4cm/2.5” LCD (230,000 pixel resolution)
- Shadow Adjustment Technology to brighten shadowy areas in a composition
- Better low light shooting thanks to BrightCapture Technology
- Liven up memories with movie recording with sound
- TruePic III image processor for faster image handling and higher image quality
- Underwater shooting up to water pressure equivalent of 40m possible in combination with optional underwater case PT-037
- 25 languages on board
- Dioptric correction
- Internal memory and xD-Picture Card slot
- Supplied with Olympus Master software 2.03 including Muvee Pack trial version plus four AA batteries
- TCON-017 teleconversion lens and CLA-10 adapter ring optionally available for maximum focal length of 826mm (or 4626mm when combined with digital zoom)
* In reduced pixel mode (1.2 MP)
See some other Olympus cameras: