Digital camera news
Olympus µ 790 SW Lime Green edition
London, 16 October 2007 – Olympus is set to brighten up the gloomy winter days with the release of the striking new µ 790 SW Lime Green edition. Limited to just 5,000 models in Europe, this distinctive camera is the perfect exclusive accessory for those with active, colourful lifestyles. In addition to its attention-grabbing appearance, the 7.1 Megapixel µ 790 SW Lime Green is bursting with powerful features. Shockproof*, waterproof** and freezeproof, it never loses its shine no matter what life throws at it. Make a personal statement with this season’s most invigorating stand-out model.
Boasting a body built for action, the 7.1 Megapixel µ 790 SW Lime Green can go where other cameras can’t. Whether at the beach, doing a round of snowboarding or navigating the hazards of a kids’ party, this camera withstands it all.
The µ 790 SW Lime Green matches elegance with power and performance. For versatility in locating and framing subjects, it features a 3x optical zoom (equiv. to 38-114mm). The ability to recognise human faces as the main subject of a composition through implementation of Face Detection Technology ensures optimal focus and exposure in the areas you want. What’s more, the µ 790 SW Lime Green applies innovative technology to deliver stunningly realistic results through the lightening of shadowy areas such as shade under a tree or backlit subjects. And ensuring photographic settings are tailored for most shooting situations, multiple scene modes are available, including four specifically made for underwater use.
The limited edition Olympus µ 790 SW Lime Green is destined to turn heads wherever it is taken and arrives in shops in mid October 2007.
The Olympus µ 790 SW Lime Green – main features:
- Stylish lime green coloured metal exterior
- Take it anywhere, anytime since it’s shockproof* up to 1.5m
- Exciting shots in and by the water since it’s waterproof** to 3m
- Face Detection Technology for perfectly focused and exposed faces plus correct exposure for other image areas
- 6.4cm/2.5” HyperCrystal LCD (230,000 pixel resolution) with a bright display even in brilliant sunlight
- High ISO settings for less blur
- 7.1 Megapixels to make poster-sized prints
- 3x optical zoom (equiv. to 38-114mm on a 35mm camera) 1:3.5-5.0 for stunning portraits, with optical folded light path and water-repellent lens coating
- Better low-light shooting thanks to BrightCapture Technology
- 23 scene modes for the best results in different situations
- Liven up your memories with movie recording plus sound
- TruePic III image processor for faster image handling and higher image quality
Underwater shooting up to water pressure equivalent of 40m possible in combination with optional underwater case PT-041
- Shadow Adjustment Technology to brighten shadowy areas in a composition
- Perfect Fix function for correction e.g. backlight and red-eye
- One-touch light and LED Macro Illuminator
- Internal memory plus xD-Picture Card slot
- 25 languages on board
- Supplied with Olympus Master software 2.03 and Muvee Pack trial version, LI-42B battery and charger
Source - dpreview
See some other Olympus cameras: